Monday, June 17, 2024

"Stomp that spider, please"

The rule in our house is that spiders can live here as long as I don't see them.


The Boys came over for Father's Day yesterday. They let The Husband win at cribbage, and we ate cake and ice cream.
As they put their shoes on to leave, I noticed a big brown spider on the floor near the door.
"Hey Elder Son, can you do me a favor and stomp that spider, please?"
He and Younger Son stared at the arachnid, but neither one moved.
"Just step on it before it runs away," I said.
"These are new shoes," Elder Son explained. "I just bought them. I don't wanna get spider guts all over them."
"My shoes are old and have holes in them," Younger Son explained. "I don't wanna get spider guts on my socks."
"Well, I'm barefoot," I said without further explanation. 

Eventually, Younger Son grabbed one of The Husband's shoes and smacked the spider, which btw had loads of time to scurry away yet failed to take advantage of the opportunity to preserve its own life,  so, sorry no remorse.

Reflecting on this later, The Husband expressed his disappointment over the boys fussing over messing up their footwear.
"But, at least they got the job done," I said.
"Right. But they used *my* new shoe!"

These guys and their shoes.
::smh::

No comments: