Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Good Dreams

Real quick,  some dreams I wanna remember...


I dream I am back in radio. There is some technical issue and I can't play any features, so I have to talk to fill time until I could join the network news. This is my least favorite thing to do without having been able to prep for it ahead of time. But I do ot because there is no other option. I'm talking talking. I break one of the cardinal rules of radio by mentioning that there are technical difficulties. But I'm not worrying about it because I need to fill time, and dammit, it's not my fault that sh!ts not working right. Talking talking right up to the top of the hour, the network news starts, and I reach over to switch off the mic.
And that's when I realize I'd never turned my mic on. No one had heard a single word I'd said. There'd been dead air the entire time I'd been trying to fill time. There'd been minutes upon unending minutes of dead air.
The kicker is, I do not care. I shrug and say, "Oh well!" And move on.
Which is a new and different reaction for me to this kind of radio dream. I should have been mortified. This should have been a nightmare. But it wasn't,  because I didn't care.

Clearly ^this dream means I've managed to accept some challenge that had previously vexed me greatly.
Good for me!

In another dream, there are giant slugs. Everywhere. They start out small and squishable but rapidly grow into Jabba-sized monster slugs. People are running, screaming. No place is safe from the slug monsters. At some point, I do find refuge in a building with family. My family? Not sure. *A* family. We are trying to manage living together, all of us, in this one place. But I see two small slugs have somehow gotten inside the house, and they have merged to create one mutant slug that is growing incredibly fast. I evacuate eveyone from the building, and we slam the door shut just as the slug mashes up against the glass. Whew!
But the slug looks sad. And sorry. 
And I realize the slug isn't bad at all. Just misunderstood. 
The next thing I know, the giant slug is wearing a tie and happily trying to fit in at work.

When I told ^this dream to The Husband, we both knew it was work related. Obviously, I believe I've misunderstood some one or some thing on the job. What/Who ever it is, I need to look at it a different way and accept it for what it is, because it's not as bad as I think it is.
Also a positive dream. 

A third one...
The Husband and I are in a passageway between our apartment and an alleyway exit. When we open the door, two intimidating men in suits block our way. They politely ask to come in and, without waiting for invitation, try to push their way in. I push back. "No, we can have this conversation right here," I say. They stay in the alley but continue to prevent us from leaving our building.
I am holding an open mug of chai. I discreetly take the stir spoon from the mug and palm it. Eventually, one of the men makes a move, and I attempt to stab him with the spoon. This is largely ineffective since, you know, spoon. All I manage to do is spill chai on myself which bums me out because I would rather have drunk it.
The dream disolves.

When I tell The Husband about ^this dream, he asks, "What is threatening you, or do you feel threatened by, that you are having dreams like this?"
That is the question, isn't it?
What makes it fun, though, is I use this as code now. Whenever I feel frustrated, I tell The Husband, "I'm just out here stabbing things with my spoon."

No comments: