Once a week, The Husband cooks a family meal so the boys will come over for a visit. There's usually enough food to send leftovers home with each boy.
Thursday, October 21, 2021
Sunday, August 08, 2021
Two identical(?) conversations...
With love, from Roses at 7:45 AM
Friday, August 06, 2021
Thursday, July 29, 2021
A notorious name dropper recently tried to use his long-term relationship with me to woo a budding business partnership. This happened without my knowledge or consent.
With love, from Roses at 12:32 PM
Sunday, July 25, 2021
Saturday, June 12, 2021
I tried something with my Facebook account. Throughout the month of April, I snoozed for 30 days every Page that showed up in my newsfeed. All of them. I wanted to know if I would miss seeing them. No surprise, I did not.
There were some other things I discovered about myself and my Facebook habits. So I made some adjustments to how I use and interact with Facebook.
Here are some things I learned while Pages were Snoozed:
1) Once the page posts stopped showing up, I did not miss them. Not once did I wonder what was happening with any of them.
2) It took a lot less time to scroll through all the new posts. The Recents tab on the app is great for this purpose. Result: I spent a lot less time on Facebook. A lot less.
3) Without the extra noise, I could see more clearly what real people and actual friends were posting and sharing. This was enlightening. Quite a bit of it wasn't original content; most was reshared content that I didn't care for or agree with. I flat out Blocked these kinds of Pages since I didn't want to see them at all going forward.
3) I made some tough decisions about FB connections with former coworkers. If we are connected on LinkedIn and don't have a relationship outside of the workplace, I unfriended these folks. For networking purposes, they can still reach me via LinkedIn messaging. They don't need to see pics of my kids or read stupid comments I make on my goofy friends' posts.
4) Furthermore, was able to connect more personally with what friends were composing from scratch. Not copy/pasting, not sharing from someone else. Just the bare bones of their lives. I see you now, friend.
Things I learned as Pages began to reappear in my Newsfeed:
Now that I've Unliked loads of Pages, my friends will be subjected to fewer Sponsored Posts. You're welcome.
If you try this, I'd LOVE to hear what kind of experience you have. Please check back and let me know.
Friday, June 04, 2021
Thursday, April 29, 2021
Sunday, April 25, 2021
As I grew up, I was called "lazy" and "a brat".
With love, from Roses at 5:53 PM
Thursday, April 22, 2021
After 13 months of working from home, I have identified two modes under which I function. There is no in-between.
With love, from Roses at 9:10 AM