Tuesday, October 04, 2022

Just Do It, Then Do Some More

There's something about finishing something difficult that gives you the idea that you can finish other difficult things.


The orthodontist told me it would take 2 years for my teeth to be properly corrected, maybe longer if I didn't like the results of the correction. ("There will be some flaring of your front teeth," she cautioned.) She gave me the impression that 2 years is a long time.
I thought, "If I can endure college for 5 and a half years, I can do braces for 2."

The Husband and I bought a used delivery van last week that we plan to convert into a travel van. It's a rather large vehicle, and The Husband insisted I test drive it before we signed a check to make sure I would be able to give him a break on road trips. He was impressed with how well I handled it; I even took it out onto the highway without flinching.
Was it uncomfortable? A little. But I thought, "If I can get used to Invisaligns, I can get used to driving a bigger than usual vehicle."

It wasn't all that long ago that I felt stuck in a dead end career. I couldn't do anything, I had no options.

Enrolling in college was a VERY difficult thing to do. Past Roses wept in front of strangers over it.
But now, having gotten through it, I think, "If I could do that, I can do this."

It all makes me wonder what I'm gonna try next! 🦸‍♀️

No comments: