Friday, January 28, 2022

Cat 3.0

It's been one week since we brought the new kitty boi home.


It has been an exhausting,  emotional, long week, my friends.
I did not expect to have this kind of struggle adjusting to having a cat again.

It's partly because we've had to rearrange the house to be cat proof again. Stuff has to be placed where it works for a cat, not how it works for people.
I had been spoiled for a year having things in convenient places. Houseplants were nice to have for a while there.

It's partly because I had forgotten what a pain in the butt kitty litter is. It was nice for a while not having granules stuck to the bottom of my feet every time I walked around sockless.

But mostly it's because Cat 3.0 is eerily similar to Cat 2.0. 
He moves like our previous cat.
He talks like our previous cat. 
He lets us rub his belly like his predecessor did.
He even has identical eyes.

In a lot of ways, he's the same cat wearing different colors.

This is NOT what I was prepared for.

While a blessing, it's also been an emotional challenge. 

So, this has been my week.
It has been wonderful and hard and wonderful.  ❤🐈‍⬛❤

No comments: