3 Things 8/27/2026 with the first battle cry
Something that went well
- I haven't worn makeup all week. Didn't want to clog my pores only to scrub my skin clean later. But mostly because I'd rubbed so hard at one point that I'd caused my undereye bags to bleed. So, I quit. No one noticed. No one told me I looked tired or pale, which they sometimes used to do even when I wore makeup. (Btw, not once at this current job have any of my coworkers told me I look tired, bless them ❤️, but that might be because I'm so much older and they'd never dare say it to an elder.)
- Even though I was far from feeling feisty this morning, when The Husband texted me from his workplace asking how I was doing, I wrote back, "I'm wearing my fancy pants and ready to kick butt." After hitting Send, I actually felt capable of kicking butt. So, now I'm thinking I should start each day with a little battle cry. I would like to come up with a new one every day. We'll see how that goes.
- Someone at work told me I looked "sharp" today. Let's give it up for fancy pants and no makeup! 👏
Something to look forward to
- Finding out what tomorrow's battle cry will be 🤪
- I get to work from home tomorrow
- The Husband and I have PTO and camping plans with friends next week
- The yarn event at the library starts next week. I still need to turn in my entry.
What's the best that could happen?
- We could have nice weather for camping
- I could sleep well tonight
-People could like my yarn project

No comments:
Post a Comment