Tuesday, August 18, 2026

3 Things 8/18/2026 (a yarn project & a manager who tries)

Something that went well 

I finished a big project I'd been dreading. Needed the help of a manager who isn't my manager. She enjoyed the collaboration and did her best to prop up the pieces of my ego that had become warped and bent from years of poor management. I appreciated it, but also felt embarrassed by it, but also appreciated it.
I mentioned she's not my manager.  Yet, she's tried harder to make me believe I have value than anyone else I've worked for over the past decade.

Something to look forward to 
The yarn project I've been working on for a library event is nearly finished. The only thing left is to attach a small embellishment. Despite the errors I made that no one else will notice, it turned out pretty nice. I get to submit it for the show next week. I will be happy to be finally done with it. It was harder than I thought it would be; it wasn't as enjoyable as crochet projects usually are.
But, I did it, and I finished it, and it's nice.

What's the best that could happen?
I could get a good night's sleep tonight, and tomorrow me could have a great day.

No comments: