3 Things 7/19/2026
Something that went well
I started the weekend by asking the yarn shop owner if she could afford to pay the balance of what she owed me for the website I built for her. She could, and she did. She actually seemed happy to. That was a load off my mind.
Something to look forward to
I seem to have made decisions about my current job. I've assembled an up-to-date resume and uploaded it to LinkedIn. I've also noted some talking points to pull up in case I'm called into a sudden meeting with managers and HR where they inform me my position has been eliminated. They might offer me another position, or they might give me a box to pack my things. If they offer alternate employment, I want to request a specific job, and I'd like to be able to ask calmly and coherently, which will probably be difficult in the moment when/if it goes down. So having bullet points written when I'm thinking straight will be very helpful when I'm emotional.
Is that really something to look forward to? Mm, it's at least something I'm preparing for. 🤷♀️
What's the best that could happen?
I could regularly attend social yarn crafting events at the yarn shop, make new friends, and possibly be hired for more work as she establishes herself more and can afford permanent staff.

No comments:
Post a Comment