Tuesday, August 20, 2024

What?

I'd never been to this facility before. 

I followed all the directions given to me over the phone, but there was construction going on and detours around the building. I was pretty sure I was in the right place, but the sign over the desk said Lung Center instead of Sleep Study. 
So I asked.
"Is this the check in for the sleep study?"
And she said.
"What?"

There was construction, remember?
So I asked again a little louder. 
"Is This The Check In For The Sleep Study?"
And she said again a little louder.
"What?"

So, I asked once more, even louder and clearly annunciating.
"IS THIS. THE CHECK IN. FOR THE SLEE-PUH STUH-DEE?"

And she frowned. And turned away from me. And said quietly to her computer screen.
"Yes."

I took it as a well-you-didn't-have-to-shout reaction.

After she'd asked me TWICE. 
"What?"

I upset her. Now I feel bad.
What did *I* do wrong?
WHAT?



No comments: