Tuesday, August 06, 2024

Beauty

Was just drifting off to sleep when The Husband did that sudden, loud snork thing he does when he sleeps on his back.

I jerked awake. He continued to sleep.
Was just drifting off to sleep again when The Husband did that sudden, loud snork thing. Again.
I jerked awake. He did not.
The third time it happened, I woke up enough to realize I had to pee. So, I got up, used the bathroom, and went back to bed determined not to be angry about it all, because if I let myself be angry then I'd never be able to fall back asleep.

Just as I'd started to relax, a damn phone notification vibrated. Then a second. It was Younger Son sending me funny photos of his cat.

::sigh::

So, of course, now I'm scrolling Facebook instead of sleeping.
I'm so damn tired.

No comments: