Monday, December 05, 2022

How I Do Down Time... Poorly

Today I left work early for an optometrist appointment, went out to dinner with The Husband, and attended a library board meeting. That's a longer list of activity than I usually have in a whole week much less one afternoon.

So, I'm exhausted. 

Side note: I traded in one set of reading glasses for bifocals today. Like many things in life, it will take some getting used to. I'm greatly amused every time I look over the top of them instead of through them. 😜
While positive, this change has contributed to the exhaustion. 

Also, because I left work early,  I sat down at my home office for a few minutes tonight to check for and reply to any important messages. And ended up doing worky things for two hours.

So now, in the same way I would stay up late doing college homework and then reward my hard work by staying up even later watching TV, I am staying up stupid later to reward myself for all the exhausting events and hard work I just did.

Sometimes I eat my feelings.
Sometimes I make them stay up past their bedtime.

No comments: