Thursday, October 21, 2021

Cookies = Love

Once a week, The Husband cooks a family meal so the boys will come over for a visit. There's usually enough food to send leftovers home with each boy.


Tonight I watched The Husband pack up equal servings of casserole and divide up the remaining homemade chocolate chip cookies into two take-home baggies.
There'd be no leftovers for me or The Husband, but that's cool because I get to enjoy The Husband cooking every night and the boys get just this one day.

After the boys went home, The Husband called me into the kitchen. He looked left, he looked right, then he pulled a Tupperware box out of the cupboard and peeled open one corner for me to peek inside.
He had set aside a dozen cookies and hidden them from the boys so we'd get our own leftovers.

I've said it before, I'll say it again:
I picked a good one when I picked that man.

No comments: