Monday, November 16, 2020

Not Fine

I have lost my footing, friends.


I'd been handling the pandemic well. 
Pivot to work from home? Sure, let's try it. Not bad.
Quarantine everything that comes into the house for 3 days before using it? Pft, minor inconvenience. 
Don't go into a store or restaurant? Hey, that's what online shopping and take out is for!
Hugging my boys is forbidden? Ffff...ine. Fine. We can still visit with precautions, and they know I love them whether there's physical contact or not. I hate it, but it's fine.

Since March, every day has been the same as the last for me. I don't go anywhere, and I don't see anyone. Holidays have come and gone like all the other days. 
Younger Son graduated from college with honors with no fanfare; I think he went to work on his own graduation day. He wasn't entirely confident the university processed him correctly until he received his physical diploma in the mail.

Today my county is closing back down. Instead of loosening up, there's no end in sight. If anything,  the finish line just got moved back indefinitely.
Come on. I can't do any less than I'm already doing. I'm already at bare minimum.

Even so, I might've been fine with that, too.
But I've lost my cat. And *that* has really knocked me off my feet. 
I'm not sure I'm completely fine anymore. Where's my rabbit?

2 comments:

Thumper said...

I'm right there with you. I was doing find with everything right up to the day Buddah died. I have literally cried every day since, and then with Max? I am broken. And now everything feels so much heavier, and I want 2020 over, I want covid done, I just want...normal.

Roses said...

You got the mother of all double whammies, Thumper.
😢💔

2020 is a bastard.