Friday, March 08, 2019

Things I Want to Do After May 18th, 2019

After five and a half years working full-time while pursuing a Bachelor's degree part-time, I will finally graduate on Saturday, May 18, 2019. The following is a list of things (in no particular order) that I want to do with my new-found free time beginning May 19th.

  1. Reacquaint myself with this blog and its beautiful family of followers. In addition to writing more, I want to read more and catch up with everyone else. I have missed you guys.
  2. Develop a healthy exercise habit that I can maintain for a lifetime now that my schedule won't be changing every semester.
  3. Read. A lot. Books. Magazines. Blogs. If it's not a textbook, I want to read it. A lot.
  4. Delete apps from my phone that are on there only because I used/needed them for school. The university made everyone download an alert app for the sole purpose of having a way to alert students and faculty of active shooter events on campus. It's a great idea, and fortunately they've never had to use it. But, it's sad that something like it needs to exist, and I'll be glad to be able to remove it from my phone.
    Conversely, I'd like to put Facebook Messenger back on my phone, not because I want it as much as because people keep sending me messages on it and I hate having to set up my laptop to see what the message is... which is almost always a stupid article someone mass sent to everyone on their friends list, thankyouverymuchfornothing. 
  5. Design some crochet items that people will actually want to own. OMG, you guys, you wouldn't believe the amount of yarn I've accumulated over the past 5 years. Since I haven't had the time to use it, it's just been piling up. I have baskets full, and a cabinet full, and bags and bags of the stuff, yet I cannot stop buying more. Criminy, the stash of plastic bags I plan to turn into plarn is downright embarrassing.
  6. Create an Etsy page to see if anyone would buy the crochet items I make.
  7. See if selling crochet items at a craft fair would be as successful, rewarding, and fun as I imagine it should be.
  8. Marie Kondo the heck out of my house. I watched the first season of her series on Netflix, and I'm inspired. I will probably break the rules and start with yarn instead of clothes.
  9. Focus, for the first time, on the job I've had for the past 6 years without the weight and distraction of a class schedule and homework on my mind. When I worked in broadcasting, even when I was home relaxing, I was thinking of things I could do that would be awesome at work. I miss that, and I want to feel that way again. My current employer has never gotten that best part of me. He has been extremely gracious and flexible with my work schedule since the day I began working for him, and I think he deserves to finally have the kind of employee he always thought I could be.

No comments: