Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What I should have said...

... two freakin' years ago:

A friend's ex-husband made a remark in front of me that was supposed to be funny, but it was not. It was insulting to my friend, who was not there. Since I did not have a pair at the time, I said nothing, and walked away feeling crappy for not defending my friend.

What I should have said was this:

Y'know how your voice sounds weird on tape? ...how it sounds a lot different than it does in your head?
Well, just now when you said that, out here it made you sound like a real sh!thead.
So, I was wondering what that sounded like in your head.



Dang!
I hate it when I come up with a really good come-back when it's too late to use it!

2 comments:

Lemon Stand said...

ROFL! OH but that was SOOOOO GOOOD! I have GOT to remember that for a future occassion! (I will, of course, give you full credit and citation...) :D

Roses said...

Lemon Stand: I live to serve! Enjoy!