Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Past Roses At Work

Throughout my adult college experience, I depended on myself to take care of everything my future self needed. 

And I made a point to thank my past self every time the extra effort made things just a little easier down the road.

Well, Past Roses did it again!
Last week, she'd been sleeping well, and the pieces of a grand idea came together. She thought it through, did the research, documented everything, and saved it in a convenient place where I would certainly look for it this week.

So, today, I presented Past Roses' grand idea to four members of my department. I shared the concept, walked through each step of the research process so they could understand the value of the data I quoted from it, and explained why the concept would improve user experience and give the company more revenue opportunities. 
Everyone loved it. There were no notes. The grand idea will be implemented tomorrow. 

I felt so smart, you guys.
And it's all because Past Roses took the time to save and organize everything. There was not one "I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it," moment. She knew to write it ALL down and put it where she knew I'd would find it.

Thank you for having my back, Past Roses. You are pretty awesome.

No comments: