Thursday, August 03, 2023

To Sleep, Perchance to Dream

Things that are keeping me from sleeping tonight:


1) People die so randomly. It would be much more simple if everyone would leave in the same order they entered.

2) Bunch of work garbage. Too many changes over the past year. Too few answers to why the things under my responsibility are not performing well. Trying to focus on the reasons and not the excuses.

3) I don't feel well. I don't feel ill, but I am not at my best. Stress. Thyroid. Lack of sleep, obvi.

4) I don't have any friends nearby. Not any close ones, anyway. I have plenty of acquaintances, plenty of people like me well enough. But I'd be hard pressed to know who to call if something happened to The Husband and I needed help. Hell, I'm hard pressed now to think of anyone to invite to events I want to attend. The Husband and I bought 4 tickets to a show next week, and we can't think of any couples to take with us.
I tell myself this item isn't true and that I'm just tired and obsessing, but it doesn't help.

4) My boobs are giant, and hot, and uncomfortable in the summer.

5) I want a snack. Yeah, maybe a little self-care by way of a banana and handful of peanuts is the answer tonight.

Sleep well, friends. 

No comments: