Sunday, March 12, 2023

Two Word Movie Review: 65

Here are your two words:

Dinosaur. Movie

I get the impression someone wanted to make a man vs. dinosaur movie but didn't want to waste time explaining time travel paradoxes and complicated genetic science.

It's done with a fairly simple premise:
65 million years ago when dinosaurs still roamed the planet, an advanced race from another galaxy crash lands on Earth.

It's not time travel.
They're not space aliens.
They are just people like us who knew how to travel through space long before Earth evolved. And they stumbled onto a planet inhabited by all sorts of strange creatures.

Most everything is predictable. You've seen a lot of these dinosaur moves before. The ones you haven't seen, you see coming.
And it has some holes. The Husband and I picked it apart hard on the way home.

But let me tell you, Adam Driver is the next Keanu Reeves. He plays an excellent strong yet vulnerable action hero with a heart. A few times I forgot who I was watching.

For what this is, it IS enjoyable. If you like a good man vs. dinosaur movie, I give it 4 out of 5 rawrs.

No comments: