Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Gratitude Day 30 - final day

This exercise began with so much intention and hope.

Oh yes, I had intended a lot of things in the beginning. 

For one, I hadn't originally put a 30 day goal on it. The 30 day end point was added about a week into this thing when what I really wanted to do was quit it altogether. 

For two, I had intended it to be 30 days in a row, not 30 days total.

For three, I had intended to focus on things I was truly grateful for. Most of the time, however, it was less about finding gratitude and more about turning dark clouds into silver linings.
"This thing really p!ssed me off today. But let's see if there's a positive spin I can put on it." 🤔
I seriously considered quitting after that first week.

I also had hopes.

For one, I had hoped the change of focus would improve my attitude and outlook. It wasn't the big change I'd hoped for,  but I do think it helped some, so that's good. Progress is progress.

For two, I had really hoped this exercise would jump start my desire to write again. I had started out excited about looking for things to write about. They could be little things, this should have been easy. I wanted to get back into the mindset of everything being blog fodder. 
While that part didn't happen completely, there were tiny sparks here and there. Some of the things in this series were things I'd been meaning to share for a while, so this helped finally get them out there.

I also learned that while the Blogger app is awesome for quick, no-fuss posting, it kinda sucks for longform writing. And if I want to write the way I used to, this app isn't the way to go about it.

So here on pseudo Day 30, I suppose the final thing I'm grateful for is that this exercise is over now. I am slightly grateful that I did it, and it was a good exercise, but honestly, I'm just glad it's done and out of the way. I don't think it was a great reader experience, so thank you for your patience while I worked a few things out.

No comments: