Sunday, May 22, 2022

Gratitude Day 24 - cousins

Grateful for my cousins.

I have lots of cousins.
I have 20 cousins. On just my father's side of the family. On my mother's side, I have about 40 more.

I am additionally grateful for cousins who contact me out of the blue to ask if they can drop by for a visit as they're passing through the state.

"Where do you live? We’re in Wisconsin, heading home and wondered if we were close to you?" this weekend's surprise message read. "...thought maybe we could stop and visit a bit if you’re around."

It was the most lovely visit.
It was only the second of its kind, the previous one happening just a few years ago.  Both were reminiscent of a time long ago when I traveled cross country with my parents dropping in on relatives who happened to live along to the road trip map. Our hosts were always so gracious and seemed so happy to see us.

I'm finding out it's pretty cool to be one of those awesome hosts. 🙂

I hope it happens some more.
58 more cousins to go 😉

No comments: