Monday, January 03, 2022

Random Notes of Yore

 There was a time in my 20's when I believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was going to make a living writing books. I loved to read, and reading inspired me with ideas. I had a lot of free time back then, and I spend a lot of it writing about what-ifs and lives of people who loved and lost and dreamed, and succeeded. I wrote so many middle of the night notes that I filed them into manila envelopes sorted by subject matter. The envelopes filled a copy paper box.

Then I got married, had kids, lived a real life of love and loss and dreams and success. I didn't have to imagine it; I was busy living it. The idea of making a living as a writer got bumped do the to-do list behind the intriguing world of broadcast radio, then college as an adult, then pure exhaustion.

But I still have the box of notes.

The other night I pulled the box out from the closet and began rummaging through it. Visiting the ghost of Rose the Author. She was pretty good, I'm finding out. If I get brave someday, maybe I'll share some pieces.

Oh, but there's a WHOLE lot of nonsense in that box. And that's what we're here for today. 

Here are a couple of nuggets that amused me. You're welcome.

Handwritten note reads: clue decifer code y know what I'm saying?
"decifer code y know what I'm saying?"
No, I have no idea what I'm saying.

  

handwritten note reads: who gets the road bikes? all the important things in life
"Who gets the road bikes? All the important things in life."

No comments: