Friday, July 08, 2011

Coming up this weekend...

I had an awful day Wednesday and Thursday.
The same stupid thing on both days.
Work.
No one is happy anymore.
Sadly, those of us who still care are being screwed over by the people who no longer care.
So, who do you complain to?
They don't care.
And they won't do anything about it.
I'm hoping today will be better than the last two days, but I'm not putting any eggs in that basket.

Lily's husband and son are visiting this weekend.
They'll be here by the time I get home from work today.
I am very happy to be able to spend decent time with them.
But, at the same time, not.
You understand.
I know you do.

And...
Elder Son is heading out on a mission trip with the church youth group tomorrow.
He'll be in South Dakota for ten days.
That's a really long way away.
I am sad and stressed about it.
Not because he's my baby boy, but because it's so far.
If anything happens, it takes 16 hours to get there.
That, and yeah, I'll miss him.
I have a pit in my stomach that I don't expect to go away until he gets back.
And he hasn't even left yet.

On the plus side, it *is* the weekend.
And I'll be free from the hell hole that is my job by 6pm today.
So, there's that.

11 comments:

Dani said...

Sometimes I enjoy being unemployed and not caring about my family...well I mean I care about Dave and Fiona...and actually my inlaws are okay it's just MY family that...this got out of hand.

Hug. Enjoy your weekend, try not to worry too much about ES and work, you can't change the situation and don't deserve the stress.

I recomend a nice bottle of wine or hugging a puppy or both.

Andy said...

Okay Roses, I will not tell your boss you wrote this.

I remember the feeling...when my oldest son left home to do mission work. Three years in Romania working with orphans.

Romania is a long way off.

Soon he's headed to do "mission work" in Iraq courtesy of the US Air Force.

Iraq is a long way off.

Sucks.

Son's gonna be just fine. He'll get back revved up...with eyes wide open. He'll be glad he went, and you will, too.

Thumper said...

If it helps, there's practically nothing in the Dakotas to get hurt on. That's why the kids can drive at 14. There's nothing to hit...

And yeah, I do get the wanting to see family and not wanting to see them. I get it way more than I should...

DogsDontPurr said...

((Hugs))

Sucky work sucks!! And so does the sadness and anxiety and stress you are feeling. I know it all too well.

Remember to take some deep deep breaths, and allow yourself some guilt free "me" time.

And know that we're here for you if/when you need to vent. We got your back!

DogsDontPurr said...

((Hugs))

Sucky work sucks!! And so does the sadness and anxiety and stress you are feeling. I know it all too well.

Remember to take some deep deep breaths, and allow yourself some guilt free "me" time.

And know that we're here for you if/when you need to vent. We got your back!

Mrs. Who said...

*hugs* I don't know quite what else to say....

vw bug said...

*hugs*

Moogie P said...

Re: all of the above. I do understand.

Sending you a little extra energy.

Roses said...

You guys are all very sweet.

The time with my relatives is going very nicely. Lily's hubby seems happy to be able to talk about her, and though he sometimes gets weepy, he is mostly concerned that he'll upset me, too. He's a really good guy.

And Elder Son got on the road fine this morning. We'll hear from church when they reach their destination (Sunday).

Thanks, everyone, for your support.

And Andy, your boy is so very special.

Bou said...

I get it. I get the work situation. Very much.

My two older boys went away to a camp in SC for a week without me last year. It's a good 15 hours away. I think the reason I didn't freak is because they had each other. There is something to be said about brothers looking out for one another. I'm not sure how I'd have handled it if it had just been one of them.

As for Lily's family... I'm glad they're there and they realize they ARE family to yours as well. I know many families... that is not the case. You all have so much love in your family. It's always a priviledge that you let us peek in and see it.

Bob said...

I hear North Dakota has cannibals, but SD, he's good.