Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An evening with Richard Gere

***Warning:  I'm not sure this will be entertaining to anyone but me.  But, here it is anyway.***

There's a guy at work who, I think, looks a lot like a young Richard Gere.  I once said as much to his wife who replied, "I hear that a lot."  When I finally told him to his face, his reaction was, "Really?  No one has ever told me that."

Anyway...
The other night at a social function, after making our entrance, The Husband and I split up.  He went to visit with former co-workers, I headed for the buffet.  I ended up standing next to this Richard Gere fellow and sharing a shrimp cocktail.
Across the room, a woman tapped The Husband on the shoulder and asked, "Who's the hottie your wife is being chummy with?"

I don't know why, this just makes me giggle like a school girl.

That's all.
Thanks for playing!

4 comments:

The Gray Monk said...

And why not? Must have been a fun evening...

Dani said...

That kind of thing is good for the ego.

Lemon Stand said...

I can't remember now how many times I was told I look like a certain actress when I was in my teens and twenties. Apparently I have outgrown it because not only have I not heard the comparison, but I also can't remember who it was. I wonder if I put my HS senior picture up if anyone would remember who it was? Food for thought, I guess. (Now I'm not mistaken for anyone who is not old and crotchety... **practicing my cackle** I want to perfect the sound before I lose all my hair and teeth...) :o)

Unknown said...

People tell me I look like a famous person all the time. Unfortunately it's George Costanza.