Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blog Fodder's Eve

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.
Every year we spend it with the husband's family.
Since it's the only time the whole family gets together, it's usually when the Christmas gift exchange happens. (Yes, a month early, but we all hang onto the gifts and open them later.)

This year, the relative famous for, um, shall we say, the most "interesting" gifts has drawn the husband's name.
We have learned to open this relative's gifts before Christmas so we can replace the boys' presents with something suitable.

In the past, this had been a frustrating thing.

But...

Now that I blog, this is a fun time of year.
I can't wait to see what's in the box so I can tell you about it.

4 comments:

Richmond said...

Heh - I can't wait to hear either!

Anonymous said...

Oh my are we related. This sounds exactly like my grandmother. Is she a little old lady that puts green food coloring in the mashed potatoes. Does she glue the wrapping paper to the packages because it is cheaper than tape.

Anonymous said...

Lukie: ACK!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!