Monday, May 16, 2016

Paperback vs. Hardcover

I had been waiting weeks for a book to become available at my library, and when I received the email notice that it was finally in, I giddily scurried to the library to fetch it.

The Husband got an earful when I got home. "I waited all this time," I grumbled, "and they gave me a paperback instead of a hardcover.  Paperback isn't really a book.  It's like drinking beer from a can instead of a glass. It's the difference between Pringles and real potatoes. I don't even want to read this now."
"Yeah, beer from a can isn't my first choice either," The Husband tried to agree.

*Later*

The Husband asks what I'm reading. I show him the paperback I brought home from the library.
"What?  I thought you said you weren't going to read that."
"I said I didn't *want* to."

No comments: