Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

As I waited for The Husband to join me for lunch, a co-worker wandered over to say hello.

He:  Hey Roses!  Don't you look like a little prince!
Me:  Thaaaaat's nice.  (No, it isn't.)
He:  I'm just saying, with the long wool coat, your shoes with the buckles, and the boy haircut...
Me:  Y'know, the last time someone told me I looked like a boy, I chased him around Freshman English class and clobbered him with a book.
He:  (to The Husband as he put on his hooded coat and sunglasses) And you look like a felon!
Me:  You're starting to look like a victim.

***

Meanwhile, at home...

Younger Son:  Hey, Mother!  Hermione has your haircut!  (He means Emma Watson.)

Technically, I have her haircut.  She got hers cut first.
But, at least Hermione is a girl.
Thank you, son.

1 comment:

Dani said...

Okay well as it is your childrens job to keep you in your place his commeny is acceptable (in my book, you feel free to be irritated).

But the co worker just sounds like an idiot. How rude.