Friday, April 15, 2011

The Plarn Bag

1)  It turned out nicer than I had thought it would:
      a) for a first try; and
      b) for making it up as I went

2)  With a different styled bottom and slightly altered handles, the next one will be better.

3)  It took about twenty plastic bags to make.

4)  All of the males in my house think it's totally awesome.

5)  It's big enough to carry a gallon of milk and a box of cake mix.  Possibly two half gallons of milk and a small box of cereal.  But since I don't have any of those things in the house, here it is with two cans of soup, two cans of veggies, and two boxes of Jiffy mix.

12 comments:

Bou said...

I love it!

OK, please think of a price. I'll take one and a chicken hat.

I may take two... and one chicken hat. (If you still have any chicken hats.)

Oblivious Beast said...

Where's the like button?

Dani said...

How cool!

Andy said...

What Bou said. Seriously Roses, I was trying to get my head around what this thing was gonna look like. That is NOT what I expected, but I'm impressed.

vw bug said...

That is one awesome bag! You are very talented. I couldn't figure what it would look like either but that is cool.

DogsDontPurr said...

Wow! I love it! That is a fabulous way to recycle those plastic bags.

Mrs. Who said...

That is PERFECT for toting beach items...sand falls out before it gets back to your car. It doesn't mildew from the wet items.

Yep, I'll order one also.

Roses said...

Wow. You guys are very kind.

And I will need to shop more to get more plastic...

Bou said...

The beach bag thing is a good idea... sand toys. All the big stuff stays in and the sand falls out. Wet bathing suits etc, are breathable. Interesting...

My Mom has a knitted bag that she uses for her vegies. I'm trying to find one somewhere. It's not made out of yarn... but like a heavy string. It has a very open weave and a draw string and when she shops, her vegies go there and everything else in the canvas bags.

I always forget my bags in my house...

Moogie P said...

So totalllllly cooooool!!!

Moogie P said...

Seriously -- trademark this!

Roses said...

Moogie: I wish I could claim this idea as mine. However, I'm pretty late to this game. I got my idea from all of these...

http://crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/plarn_items.php