Tuesday, August 03, 2010

You know, that one movie...

Conversation with a co-worker

He:  I was watching a movie this weekend.  You know, that one with the woman... Oh, who's the guy who ran for president?
Me:  (thinking actors) Fred Thompson?
He:  No!  For president!
Me:  Um... Reagan?
He:  No, no!  Dukakis! (snaps fingers)  Dukakis!  What's his sister's name?
Me:  Olympia Dukakis.
He:  Yes!  That movie where she's sitting there at the table...
Me: Moonstruck?
He:  No, the one where they're sitting in the diner, and he says you can't fake an orgasm...
Me:  When Harry Met Sally?
He:  YES!  And Olympia Dukakis is sitting there and says, "I'll have what she's having."  Oh god, that cracks me up everytime!
Me:  That's not Olympia Dukakis.  That's Rob Reiner's mom.
He:  Oh.  Then what the hell did I go through all that for?

I don't know.
I really don't know.

3 comments:

Dani said...

I used to work in a video store. I had conversations like that ALL THE FREAKING TIME. "You know that one movie with that guy who was in that other one with that girl who used to be on tv". And then they were surprised when had no clue what they were talking aobut.

Harvey said...

On the opposite side of that coin, Beloved Wife once couldn't think of a movie, but said it had "that one black guy in it".

"Morgan Freeman?"

"Yeah, him."

Do we have a great marriage or what?

Roses said...

Harvey, that's just beautiful.