Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Random Breakfast

The Husband took me out to lunch Saturday afternoon.  When I opened the menu at our local family restaurant, I suddenly had a craving for their french toast.  The restaurant owner brought coffee as The Husband and I discussed having breakfast for lunch.

Owner:  Haven't you had breakfast yet?
Me:  I did, but I haven't had your breakfast.
Husband:  Apparently, your breakfast is better.
Owner:  Oh?  Who made breakfast this morning?
Husband:  I did.
Owner:  Oh...
Me:  His breakfast is wonderful!  But with your breakfast, I don't have to wash dishes.

***

Saturday evening, The Husband informed the boys they'd be making my Mother's Day breakfast the next morning.
"What would you like for breakfast?" he asked me, "... keeping in mind who will be preparing it."
I replied, "Um, raw toast?"

2 comments:

Miss Em said...

Yes, not having to wash dishes always makes the meal that much better.

Kids cooking ...
sometimes the food is good, sometimes you can't tell what it is and then of course there are the times you DON'T want to know what it is.

Hope all went well with the Kids making breakfast ... and the kitchen is still in working order.

Miss Em
Austell, Ga.

Harvey said...

The fact that I've never heard the phrase "raw toast" before amazes me.

The fact that you came up with it makes me adore you :-)