Monday, March 15, 2010

SNL = Saturday Night Loser

On more than one occasion, I have attempted to stay up late enough to watch Saturday Night Live's Weekend Update and failed.

Oh, I stay awake long enough.  But, during the first joke setup, I fall asleep only to be woken up by the laughter that follows the punch line.  Then, I drift off during the next setup, and wake up after the punch line.

I miss every punchline.
And I've done this more than once.

I think I'll have to take a nap the day Betty White will host so I don't miss a thing!

2 comments:

Julier said...

I do almost the same, except I watch the beginning of any late night show and promptly wake up as the closing credits are rolling by.

Miss Em said...

Tivo it.

you know record it.

do this all the time to programs that i want to see but know i won't stay awake long enough.

Miss Em