Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday Five - (not so)Private Conversations

Five People who thought they were having a private conversation on their cell phones, but weren't:

1) Co-worker who stepped out of the busy newsroom - Yeah, and stepped into the stairwell. Everyone taking the stairs heard her voice echoing from the basement on up to the top floor.

2) Co-worker standing in the hallway by the bathrooms - Ever think there might be someone *in* the bathroom, brainiac? Nope, you don't.

3) Woman at the red traffic light - Excuse me, you might wanna roll up your window. Unless you *do* want total strangers listening in on your conversation with your lover.

4) Guy in the backrow of the theater - Dude, I know that in the dark you can't really see other theater patrons, plus, it was a very quiet scene... you probably didn't hear us either and totally forgot anyone was there. But, you never make a phone call in the middle of a movie. You're lucky you weren't lynched.

5) 5am dog walker - When his dog paused to poop in our yard, he thought it was a good opportunity to dial up his buddy for a chat. It's 5am. Do you have any idea how loud everything sounds at 5am?

Tell me about some not-so-private conversations you've been forced to hear.

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

I hope he picked up after his dog! I so hate that.

DogsDontPurr said...

I was once sitting on my balcony when a couple of elevator repair guys came to fix the elevator in our building. I overheard one guy telling the other how to cheat building owners and charge them for parts that they don't need...and parts they weren't even going to install.

I can't believe these douches didn't realize that everyone with an open window or a balcony could hear them plain as day!

Needless to say, we now have a different elevator company.

Dani said...

I'm a big fan of people who talk while IN a stall in a public restroom. #1 I don't want to listen to your conversation #2 whoever you're talking to probably doesn't want to listen to all the bathroom noises.

Shoshanah Marohn said...

In my college dorm you could hear everyone in the dorm through the heater vents. Of course, I always forgot when I was dishing out secrets.

InsomniacSeeker said...

I work in an office with cubicles. There are no private telephone conversations in an office with cubicles.