Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The mp3 Meme

I saw this meme on Richmond’s blog ages ago. The idea is: Read a question, hit “shuffle” on your MP3 player, and write down the title of the song that comes up.
For the longest time I begged the husband to buy me an MP3 player just so I could fill out this meme.
Before we made that purchase though, we discovered Pandora. I created a couple “stations” there, and in place of hitting a shuffle button, I changed stations and skipped to the next random song.
(I will admit that I cheated a little. When a song came up that I didn’t know, I skipped it and wrote down the next song. I figured that if I had an MP3 player, I wouldn’t have downloaded songs I didn’t know, right?)

I was amused by some of the results…

How do you feel today?
Our Lips Are Sealed, The Go-Gos
(If you can’t say anything nice…)

What’s your outlook on life?

Look Out Any Window, Bruce Hornsby
(I’m lookin’…)

What does your family think of you?

Angel of Harlem, U2
(Bah-ha-ha! That’s funny!)

What do your friends think of you?
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Cyndi Lauper
(Silly Roses!)

What do strangers think of you?
Power of Love, Huey Lewis
(I am hard to resist…)

What do your exes think of you?
Something Happened on the Way to Heaven, Phil Collins
(That’s right, you lost me, dude.)

How’s your love life?
Lovefool, The Cardigans
(Heh.)

How will your love life be in the future?
You Better Wait, Steve Perry
(The husband won’t like this one.)

Will you get married?
Roll With It, Steve Winwood
(Um…)

Are you good at school?
Dress You Up, Madonna
(Why yes, I did go to parochial school, but we didn’t have uniforms..)

Will you be successful?
Second Chance, .38 Special
(Now that’s just funny.)

What song should they play on your birthday?
Mad About You, Belinda Carlisle
(I guess some of these aren’t going to fit in a profound way.)

What song should they play on your graduation?
Wonder, Natalie Marchant
(Wondering what I was gonna do next?)

The soundtrack of your life?
Absolutely, Nine Days
(“This is the story of a girl…” Hm, appropriate.)

You and your best friends are…?
All This Time, Sting
(True friends, long time.)

Happy times:
99, Toto
(99 of what?!?)

Sad times:
Holding On, Steve Winwood
(With both hands, baby!)

Everyday:
She Bop, Cyndi Lauper
(Yes, I do.)

For tomorrow:
After Midnight, Eric Clapton
(I kid you NOT! This really came up! Bah-ha-ha!)

For you:
Couple Days Off, Huey Lewis
(Oh, please, yes!)

What does next year have in store for me?
I Get Weak, Belinda Carlisle
(Oo, I don’t like the sound of that.)

What do I say when life gets too hard?
Dirty Laundry, Don Henley
(Clean it up, Mister.)

What song will I dance to at my wedding?
Brass In Pocket, The Pretenders
(“Gonna use my, my, my imagination…”)

What do you want as your career:
Angel, Madonna
(Right. Wish me luck with the interview.)

Your favorite saying?
Working for the Weekend, Loverboy
(That’s exactly what I say to the husband… and I do call him loverboy.)

How will I die?
When You Close Your Eyes, Night Ranger
(Well, that’ll be the problem if I’m driving…)

3 comments:

Tammi said...

That "everyday" is so spot on I laughed out loud.......

Richmond said...

Awesome!! :)

Bob said...

I love that old joke:
When I die I want to go quietly in my sleep like my grandpa did -- not screaming and yelling like all the people who were riding in the car with him.