Monday, March 31, 2008

Nice try, honey

Over the weekend, I spent an hour or two consulting with a friend who sells upscale makeup and skin-care products. We focused on hiding the dark circles under my eyes. I handed over my credit card and first-born child, and we were good.

Today, the husband greeted me enthusiastically.
"Honey," he said in all sincerity, "your new makeup looks really good. You look rested. I can't see the circles under your eyes at all."

I replied, "Thank you, honey. But I don't have any new makeup yet. I had to order it."


Poor guy. He tries so hard...

5 comments:

loria said...

See he's saying you look good even without make-up. I know how you feel though. I always have to put the face on before going out. It's the price we have to pay for beauty.
I'm sure you look good either way.

Tammi said...

HA! I was so excited...those dark circles are my biggest issue. I was just getting ready to ask what it is!!

If it DOES work that well, share baby. Share!

Bob said...

"And Honey, it makes your butt look so much smaller!"

Priscilla said...

Oh that's funny!

The big fat liar.

He loves you so. And that. Means everything.

Richmond said...

Dang...