Friday, October 12, 2007

Ten Mile checkup

Okay, another two weeks of walking has passed.

For anyone who needs motivation to exercise, here it is:
It's getting easier.

Oh no, there's not more time to do it. And no, I still haven't figured out how to get to work without wet hair.

But now...
Now, I'm craving it.
Like I crave chocolate.

Because one day last week, I woke up crabby as all get out.
I pitied my family that had to be around me.
I hated everything.
But I walked anyway.

And then I felt better!
As if I had sweat the crabbiness away!

Oh...
This is good stuff.

Also, my posture is just a little bit better.
And I don't toss and turn in the night because my neck doesn't ache (that's ache, not ack) so much, anymore.

(I *do* get a little sore from patting myself on the back, however...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You GO girl!! And I know exactly what you mean. When I was in Columbus this week, no real exercise....my mind AND body were so screwed up. It's probably gonna take 2 weeks to fix everything that went to hell in just those three days........

Good For You!!
Tammi

Anonymous said...

good for you!

I had started either walking/jogging or biking in the mornings, and lifting my little 10 pound dumbbells at night. But I've been so tired from my busy work/school schedule that I stopped.

Must start again.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! My husband and I walk at night. (well not this week because he has a miserable cold... but mostly) - 2 miles for the most part with 4-5 miles on the weekend. It always makes me feel better.

Hardest part - when it gets really cold. You will warm up at about one mile. (and this from someone who is perpetually cold)

Richmond said...

Sounds great! Maybe I should try it...

Anonymous said...

I wish everyone realized what you just did. Walking/exercise is so good for the mental. I am such a complete jerk when I don't do anything.