Sunday, July 08, 2007

"I'm bored!"

The boys came to me to declare their boredom.
"We don't know what to doooo!"
To which I helpfully replied, "Me neeeeeither."
And so they left.

Minutes later, down the hall I heard a squawk, a thud, some grunting, and the sound of something heavy being shoved across the floor.

I cautiously peered down the hallway toward the bedrooms to witness the 10-year-old scrambling out of his brother's room and the 12-year-old stalking after him.
They both froze when I cleared my throat.

"I see you've both found something to do... to each other," I observed.

Smirking and red-faced, they each retreated to their own respective rooms.

4 comments:

Richmond said...

Funny how that works... : )

Hapkido said...

OK, I saw that Viva paper towel commercial where the kid sprays the soda all over the mom in the kitchen (Tell me you've seen that!).

First thought in my head was, "Now that's what the AckThbbt household must be like!" :-)

Anonymous said...

I hate to hear the thumping and banging noises then all of a sudden dead silence.

Then it's bad. Really bad.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Who: And then you hear a very loud whisper, "Don't tell Mom!"

Oy.