Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stupid Phone Tricks

Our receptionist is usually quite busy and rarely ventures into the studios unless she has something on paper to drop off, like obituaries or cancellations. Otherwise, she just dials the studio phone to tell us things.

Yesterday was a gorgeous, sunny, 80 degree day.
So, when she stepped into the studio to drop off obituaries, I thought I'd be funny and shouted, "No! I refuse to announce any cancellations for you!"
To which she replied, "HA! If anyone calls in a cancellation today, I'm gonna shoot myself."

Okay.  Challenge accepted.

About 5 minutes later, I dialed her extension.
And in my worst Transylvanian accent, I said, "This is the president of the Vampire Club."
Laughing, she asked, "Whaddaya want?"
"It's too sunny today. I have to cancel our meeting."
"Get off the phone!"
"Blah!"

9 comments:

Hapkido said...

OK, that's a good one in a very bad way! :-)

Pumpkin Ceeds said...

Ring ring

Is Mr Freely there?

His first initials are I.P.

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! Good one! Blah!

Roses said...

Ring ring!

Is Mr. Wall there?
No? How about Mrs. Wall?
No? Well, are any of the Walls there?

THEN HOW DOES YOUR ROOF STAY UP?!?

Har har har...

Lemon Stand said...

Those are so bad they are cute. Thanks for the first chuckle of the day.

Pumpkin Ceeds said...

roses, if you ever have the time (and patience) will you be able to help me instal that blogrolling thingy you have? I've looked at it/signed up but I'm getting premature hot flashes trying to figure it out!

Only if you have the time! No pressure!

Hapkido said...

Walls...ha! Good one.

Anonymous said...

chlorinejenny: You're assuming I remember how I did it.

But yes, if I can figure out how it works again, I'll post something over at your place. :)

Anonymous said...

LOL! :-D