Thursday, May 03, 2007

Get OUT!!!

Here's my theory on haunted houses:

When it's a case of hearing voices telling you to "Get out!", I now believe that the house is not haunted.

No.

Instead, what you are hearing are long-continued echoes embedded in the walls of the home.

Echoes of a mother trying to get her children to leave said house and go to school.

"You are going to be late! Hurry up! Hurry! Go! Just go! Get OUT!!!"

Or, the family of four in a one-bathroom house.

"Are you almost done? I've gotta go! Get OUT!!!"

Or, the teenage daughter who just discovered her little brother's friend hiding under the bed while she is changing her clothes.

"(high pitched scream) Get OUT!!!"

Or, maybe the home seller circling the block with two kids and two dogs in the minivan while a prospective buyer tours her home for about a billion hours and shows no sign of leaving soon so she can put her kids to bed and uncork something to ease the irritation.

"Get out, get out, GET OUT!!!"


(don't ask me how I came to this conclusion...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rotfl!!!

Richmond said...

I have no idea what you're talking about! ;-)