Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Do cell phones cause brain cancer?

I don't know, but I think they cause senility.

I carry my cell phone with me everywhere at work.
That way, the children and/or school can reach me any time of day.

I arrange my work space with a little area to set the cell phone.
It's always right there.
If I don't see my cell phone, I check my pockets until I locate it.

I have been known to leave my cell phone in my coat when I hang it up, or set it down in one room and walk out, forgetting about it.
I know I could get a carrying case, but I tend to crash it into things while I'm wearing it.
And I sometimes put the phone in a pants or jacket pocket, but I worry that it may go off in vibrate mode while I'm talking into a microphone. Not good.
So, I carry it.

Last week, as I sat at my desk, I dialed up the husband at home.
I didn't want the company to pay for the call, so I used the cell phone.

While I talked with the husband, I continued to do some work.
And as I multi-tasked, fiddling with this and that, talking to the hubby, I realized my cell phone was no longer in its usual spot on my work space.
Checked all my pockets.
No phone.

"Honey, I'm gonna have to call you back," I said. "I set my cell phone down somewhere, and I have to go find it."

Silence.

"Um," he finally replied. "Didn't you call me on your cell phone?"

*sigh*

5 comments:

loria said...

that is cute. BBW forgets his sometimes, I mean he's walked out of the house and forgotten it. I always carry mine in my scub pants or shirt and I have a certain spot in one purse for it. I had changed purses and couldn't find it, it's black and it blended in with the purse. But I do think it causes senility and not brain cancer.

Anonymous said...

a couple weeks ago my boss was wandering around the office, talking on her cell phone to a friend. She finally stopped at my desk and asked me if I had seen where she set her cell down at. Um... it's attached to your ear. LOL!

I shared your story with her.

Anonymous said...

LOL...it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Roses said...

Mrs. Who, Loria, and Writersblock:
I rest my case.
I'm just not sure where I've rested it.

Anonymous said...

We are definitely alike in this aspect! And I loved your comment at my site. I was ROTFLMAO!!!