Tuesday, December 05, 2006

"Forgive me for being so forward"

I received an e-mail today from someone who likes to forward e-mail.
A cut and paste kind of person.
A "Here! Read this!" kind of person.

I don't have a real problem with this kind of thing, but personally, I'd rather get a short note than a long forwarded message.

When I moved to college, I'd get these wonderful, over-stuffed envelopes from home that made my roommates green with envy. When I'd get one, I'd rip it open and out would spill newspaper clippings and comic strips and small crafts. And I'd pick at the pile searching for the letter that I was sure my mom had written. She must have written... somewhere... in here...

And then I'd find it.
About the size of a Post-It .

Now...
As an adult, I realize that everytime my mom clipped an article or comic she was thinking of me. Lots of times. Look at all the times! Those envelopes were stuffed with times my mom was thinking of me!
But...
As a kid, man, I just wanted the personal note.

So, I feel the same way about e-mails.
Sure, I realize just getting an e-mail means someone was thinking of me, but you know, I'd just rather have the note.

1 comment:

Lemon Stand said...

We are SOOOOO in agreement about this. I'd rather just get a personal note of one sentence than a forwarded email.