Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Little Piece of Heaven

One morning this week, I was running around in my jammie pants and t-shirt getting the kids ready for school and generally trying to tidy up a few things before getting myself ready for work.

I pulled a load of laundry out of the dryer and fished out a pair of socks to match that day's suit. Hopping on one foot on my way to the next chore, I put on one of the socks... still warm from the dryer.

Aaaahhhhhh!

I actually stopped moving for a moment to savor the feeling.
And put on the other sock.

Aaaahhhhh!

My cold feet were suddenly very happy.

"Now that's a little piece of heaven right there," I said aloud to no one in particular.



Happy Thanksgiving!
May you savor little pieces of heaven all weekend!

2 comments:

Mrs_Who said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

Unknown said...

Awwwwww. Hope you had a happy Turkey day.