Thursday, August 10, 2006

In a previous life...

... I was a cat.

I know this not because I have vague kitty-like memories from another life, but because all the signs point there.

1) I can sense a cat a mile away. If we're traveling 60mph down the highway, I will notice the cat stalking a mouse in the ditch as we flash by. Or, driving through town, I will see a cat lounging in a window before any one else even notices the house.

2) Years ago, during an on-air radio phone interview, I no more than greeted our guest psychic when she asked me if I'd recently mourned the death of a cat. When I told her no, she apologized immediately for 'reading' me without asking my permission first, and then she said, "It's just so odd, though. Because you have a cat angel near you."

3) Shortly after that, when my grandmother died, my mom (knowing nothing of the psychic conversation) saved one memento from Grandma's house for me. She said she didn't know why she picked it especially, but she just kinda knew I'd like it.
It was a little statue of a cat.

4) I like to sleep.


If you had to guess, or if you know... who or what were you in a previous life?

1 comment:

Roses said...

What? Carter, no comment?