Saturday, June 24, 2006

Scouting is fun... not!

I spent most of the day helping Younger Son's scout pack build a float for the 4th of July parade.

*sigh*

It's enough having two children ignore me at home. Why, oh why, did I think it would be a good experience to be ignored by nearly a dozen little 9-year-old boys?

Fortunately, there were several adult supervisors there, so we tag-teamed the painting portion of the project. ("They're driving me crazy! It's ~your~ turn!")
And provide a little gripe support. ("Whose kid is that?!? How much caffeine has he had?!?")

Funny, though, how the men in the group seemed to always be busy with power tools... which were way too dangerous for boys to use or assist with. Better keep the boys away from *this* part of the project... yup, yup, scratch, scratch.

Oh brother!
I'm glad THAT's over for another year!

No comments: