This went on for several years. It was a fun arrangement and a good deal for all parties involved. Eventually the sales man retired and I left the station, and that was the end of that.
Today, 14 years later, The Husband and I needed the client to do some stuff around the house, and the owner himself came over. We had a lovely conversation during which he reminisced about how well those radio ads had worked for his company. "Any chance I could convince you to bring that character back for me?" he asked.
Oh, you know he could.
Holy crap, you guys.
I haven't worked in radio since 2015. The people I currently work with don't know about my broadcasting history. It sure seems like no one remembers or cares that I used to be locally famous.
Then this client pops up and not only does he remember, but he also wants me to come back.
What a huge compliment!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Roses are red;
Violets are blue;
Roses sure loves
These comments from you!