Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Forever Watching Over Me

At my two-week post-surgery consult with my gall bladder surgeon, I ask about the OR nurse who held my hand as I fell asleep.  I tell my doctor how sweet the gesture was and how it reminded me of my sister Lily who used to work in surgery and used to comfort patients the same way.  I ask if my doctor always works with this nurse Linda or if they just happened to come together on my surgery day.
It was simply chance, my doctor explains.  And then to be sure she and I are thinking of the same nurse Linda, my doctor speaks a last name.
My jaw drops.
Can you believe this?
The OR nurse who held my hand has Lily's middle name for a first name and my mother's maiden name for her last name.

You guys, I can't make this stuff up.
I am truly not that smart.

1 comment:

Lemon Stand said...

I miss the surgery! Damn it! My time online has been severely reduced, but now I feel like I need to figure out how to put you on blog speed dial. Do they even have such a thing? I bet my kids would know. Sorry to be a day late and a dollar short, but I really do hope you are feeling better. I truly need a time machine. Or better yet the Tardis. Big hugs and prayers. (and yes, it doesn't surprise me at all that Lily's watching) :)