Monday, July 27, 2009

Two Word Movie Review - HP and the HB Prince

(No spoilers)

Here are your two words:

"Stay Home"

No, not you, Harry Potter fan. You will enjoy Half Blood Prince a great deal.
While much from the book was edited out, the film flowed very well. There are laughs, there are tears, there is excitement... and there is Ron under the spell of love potion. What more could you want, really?

But, back to the two words...
He Who Must Not Attend is your Huggle*.
Anyone who has not read the books nor followed the movies thus far can wait for the DVD to come out.

Because the rest of us really want to watch the movie (hello!) and not listen to you explaining to your Huggle who all the characters are and why they are behaving the way they are.
Really.
They won't get it. And you don't have time to explain it all.
If your date doesn't know the background at this point, do not take that person to this movie.

Thank you.

What is a Huggle?

*If Muggle = non-magical person
Then Huggle = non-Harry Potter person

8 comments:

Arwen said...

I can't wait to see it! I'm going to the IMAX this weekend to see it in 3D! Woohoo!

Unknown said...

I'm totally tweeting your new vocab word :) (with all due credit of course)

Dani said...

And this is why I'm going with my parents next weekend and leaving my husband home. Added bonus he can watch our Daughter so I don't need to come up with a sitter.

Mrs. Who said...

I have one Huggle in my house, too. But she sat next to her friend during the movie, so no worries for me there.

I've already seen it twice! And I'm hoping the DVD will have 'deleted' scenes for even more HP enjoyment.

Okay...so I need to get a life.

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hey, my new blurpy male thing pees inappropriately too! Seriously, it is a good thing mommy had her glasses on that one time...

We're with you on the stay home deal. We hate when that happens! We"ll have to wait til the DVD now thay Joel is here. Thanks for coming by from Max's to welcome him.

Roses said...

Pizza Girl: Do it! I am SO ready to be famous... even if it's for making up a new word.

(Look! Mrs. Who is using it already!)

Roses said...

Mr. Hendrix: I am sorry to say Crookshanks was sadly absent from this Potter movie. :(

Richmond said...

I loved the movie - except for the ending. They REALLY could have done that better. My Huggle?? Not so much. Oh well...