Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You go, boy!

End-of-school assembly.
Elder Son is called up on stage with several other students to receive acknowledgement for achieving high honors at least once this year.
Having endured years of taunting for his slow reading skills, this means a great deal to our boy.
Later the same day, some dufus bumps into him in the hallway and calls him stupid. Again.
"I didn't see you up on stage today," my boy calmly responds.
And walks away.
(Had I been there, I'd have whistled and cheered and pointed an in-your-face finger at the kid.)

3 comments:

Tammi said...

"(Had I been there, I'd have whistled and cheered and pointed an in-your-face finger at the kid.)"

I'm doin' that for you! Well, ok, I'm alone in my living room, but I'm still sooooo doin' that!

Good for him!!

Mrs. Who said...

I'm doing a happy dance for him. What a great kid! True class and dignity.

Hapkido said...

Awesome! Way to go kid!

It's nice to see some little punk get his comeuppance.