Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Two word DVD review - Bridge to Terabithia

(No spoilers. Safe to read.)

Here are your two words: "No replay."

Meaning, once you've seen this movie, you won't want to watch it again.

Not just, in a "yeah, I've seen it" kind of way.
More like in a "I really didn't like what happened" kind of way.

The family rented it over the weekend.
And for the first 3/4 of it, we were really digging this movie!
I mean, really loving it.

And then *it* happened.

As much as we LOVED the first 3/4 of this movie, we will never choose to watch it again.
We'll never rent it.
We'll never buy it out of the clearance bin.
If it's running in an all-day cable marathon, we'll turn off the TV.

If you've seen it once, that's enough.

Of course, now you're so intrigued, you're thinking of renting it, aren't you?

That's okay.
You can rent it.
Better yet, borrow it free from the library.
Just don't buy it.

***
More two word reviews

5 comments:

Hapkido said...

My friend, JP, saw it & he said similar stuff. Just said the ending didn't give you the best impression.
I haven't seen it, so I'm not sure. Both your reviews don't have me excited about it, though...

Anonymous said...

I'd read the book...so I didn't want to see the movie because of what happened at the end.

Anonymous said...

I read the book, and have no interest in seeing the movie.

Roses said...

Mrs. Who and Oddybobo: Exactly. It's a really good story... until then.

HapKiDo: I feel like I saw two movies. The one I didn't like, and the really good one that I didn't get to see the end of.

Hapkido said...

Oh man! That would really leave me chomping at the bit! :-(

Nothing worse than seeing a movie you love & having it blown to smithereens at the last minute.

It'd be like Rhett staying with Scarlett, Romeo & Juliet living into old age or having James Bond objectify women...

Well, two out of three ain't bad. ha ha