Sunday, July 15, 2007

Playing with the big dogs

Went to an outdoor event this weekend.
Someone brought an adorable husky dog named Shelby.
Shelby liked to chase shadows.
One of the men in our group, a big, burly, former-Marine, spent a good deal of time wiggling his fingers to make shadows for Shelby to pounce on.
He tired of the game long before Shelby did.
So, when burly man finally sat to enjoy the performance, Shelby continued to look for shadows to chase.

Heh.

I inched my way behind burly man and cast a wiggling shadow just beside his right foot.
Shelby pounced on it.
"What are you doing?!" he asked the dog.
Shelby looked expectantly at him.
"Goofy dog."

Wiggle.
Pounce.

"What are you doing?!?" he asked the dog again, this time looking beside his foot to see what she was attacking.
There was nothing to see.
"You nut job dog!"

Wiggle.
Pounce.

"What the...?" And he turned around to see me smirking. "I shoulda known it was you!"

"You were playing with the dog," I told him. "I was playing with you!"

4 comments:

Jessie said...

You shoulda stole the dog for me. And don't you love making the goofy men look all foolish like? *grins*

And wasn't too quick on the uptake was he?

Hapkido said...

Oh for goodness sake! Roses, that is just hilarious! I was laughing so hard I nearly choked.

Thumper said...

LOL...too funny. That's right up there with my son using a laser pointer on my forehead, making the then-9 week old kitten attack my face over and over... Dang kitty has claws, tho...

Anonymous said...

Why else have a pet, other than to torture friends and relatives?