Friday, April 27, 2007

Choose your Snooze

I issue this challenge to product developers across the world:

Come up with an alarm clock that lets ME choose how long the snooze lasts.
Quit dictating to me that my snooze alarm goes off every 9 minutes.
Or my husband's snooze lasts an insane 5 minutes.
(If I find the nimrod who came up with a 5 minute snooze, you'll know it because you'll all see the mushroom cloud.)

Right.
I know.
If I'm going to sleep that much longer, why don't I just set my alarm that much later?
Because I have a digital clock that makes re-setting the times and alarms oh-so inconvenient.
Plus, it's much easier to think I'll get up early when I'm on my way to bed than it is to actually get up when the alarm goes off in the morning.

I usually don't have that much forethought, anyway.

And I am not a morning person.

I miss my clock radio that had two alarms.
It was heaven!
I had it in college. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I'd set the first alarm early. Tuesday and Thursday classes started later, so I would set the second alarm for later. Done! For the whole semester! No clicking through 23 1/2 hours of digital time to re-set anything.

So there it is.
Let ME decide how long my snooze is.
And I'll be happy.

... for about 9 minutes.

5 comments:

Richmond said...

Heh. I *hate* the snooze button. That's why I don't have one I guess... ;-)

loria said...

I like to snooze for "10 mins", but when I do set the alarm clock, I usually get up before I hit the snooze button.

Anonymous said...

A morning person will wake up, see there's 20 minutes before the alarm goes off, and gets up anyway.

I, on the other hand, will wake up, see that there's 2 minutes left, and turn over thinking, 'Great, 2 more minutes to sleep!' And then hit the snooze.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Who: You understand me!
(Who were those other two commenters? I can't see them as I am rolling over for 9 more minutes of bliss.)

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'm a chronic snoozer. If I had my way, I'd set the alarm 45 minutes early and hit the snooze 5 times. I just LOVE that "rolling over and going back to sleep" experience.

Unfortunately, my wife is of the "2 alarms" mindset that requires a 30-minute second session.

It leads to some "enthusiastic discussions" :-)