Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rap "Music"

I don't want to offend any hard-core rap music fans... mostly because I'm afraid of them... so please turn away.

One summer decades ago when rap was fresh and new, I had an argument with a fellow camp counselor about the amount (read: lack) of talent it took to become a rap singer.

I argued that anyone who could rhyme could rap.
He vehemently disagreed.
A few other counselors got into the discussion, most all agreed with me.

The rap-fan counselor finally became SO upset, and was SO determined to change our minds that he declared in a huff, "I'll prove to you that rap music takes talent. I'm gonna write my own rap song and perform it at the camp talent show!"

*blink*

Dude?
Isn't that, like, proving that any Joe off the street can do rap?
I mean, if you can do it?
In less than a week?

Aren't you proving my point?
Just sayin'...

(To his credit, he brought the house down at the talent show.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't understand some of the rap music these days. i like the old rap to be honeset.